In 1936, a revival was held in Bentonville, Arkansas. Following the meetings, a small group of believers rented the Colonial Hotel on north Main St. to begin the First Assembly of God Church in Bentonville. The Arkansas Presbyter of the Assemblies of God, S. A. Merrill, set the church in order with approximately 30 people in September of 1937. From 1937 to 1953 the church met and held services in various locations throughout the city.
In 1953, property at 808 North Main was purchased and renovation of the structure began. As the congregation grew, several building projects were conducted and services finally held in a new sanctuary in 1970. This construction was shortly followed by the addition of a two-story educational building. The congregation then built a new 10,560 sq ft multilevel building with sanctuary. classrooms, kitchen, and fellowship hall which was completed and dedicated in 1980.
Due to the growing congregation, a new location was secured in 1990 at 2202 South Walton Blvd. on an 18 acre site. Construction of our current facility, a 34,000 sq. ft multi-purpose facility, began. The building was completed debt free and dedicated on November 19, 1996.
In 2016 Bentonville First became known as Northwest Assembly. Northwest Assembly is a church in motion, with the goal of touching our community. Now with two campuses, Bentonville and our campus in Farmington, we are reaching Bentonville and Northwest Arkansas for the Kingdom of God!